Tuesday, October 05, 2010

paper chain acorns by mayamade



acorns and chain
, originally uploaded by mayalu.

fall may be the best time for crafting-- as the change to brisk weather makes us remember the joy of gathering inside, slowing down, and making something with our hands.

the imagery of fall is the best too--firey red leaves in all shapes and sizes, and harvest bounty. this paper acorn chain from maya*made reminds me of paper leaf collages and rubbings done as a kid. so simple and so nice. she has several great watercolor newsprint paper chains on her blog, so be sure to check them out.

2 comments:

vilterietje said...

Hey, I love your acorns! Going to make them tomorrow with my grandson.
Thanks for showing them.
Love, Riet

Anonymous said...

Hi~ I am a handmade artist from HK,and i will go to tokyo in the middle of November. Do you know any craft market i can join during Nov? I would like to try to sell my craft stuff there!:)
Thanks for yr attention!!
lososhop@live.hk