Saturday, January 30, 2010

woven felt valentines hearts

wow, how did it get to be the end of january so fast? i'm leaving tomorrow (which is in a few hours) for a week long research trip to indonesia. but i wanted to leave you with another little valentine's day craft-woven felt hearts.

i used the lovely craft felt we have here in japan, and i recommend this link for the weaving instructions. these hearts were all made from 1 small sheet of red and white felt, with a little left over.

if you've never tried making these woven hearts before, i would recommend trying it with paper first, because i think you will have a better idea of how it works. but, actually, the felt is easier to handle then paper, because it's more stretchy and flexible.

5 comments:

Pattygloria by Gloria V said...

Beautiful! They look great made out of felt. I'm going to try them soon.
Thanks for sharing,
GloriaXX

Gail said...

Oh those are so lovely, thanks for the idea.

Janelle said...

Super cute! I was wondering, where in Japan do you get your felt? Is there a specific crafting district? I'm going to Japan later this year and I'd love to buy a few felt related things there :) Thanks!

Gail said...

Just thought I'd let you know you inspired me to make one of these into a small purse. I've linked back o you from my blog here: http://gailmade.blogspot.com/2010/02/felt-danish-heart-purse-tutorial.html

Thanks, Gail

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.